Hi all.
I've now got Bamboo building without Docker, it's all working fine. Having come originally from a place which had disparate build tools, it's nice to have an integrated solution where the CD/CD, issue tracking and repos all talk to each other.
I've got my basic build plan working, which builds the code (such as it is at this stage) when a merge is completed into the master branch.
I've also got Plan Branches configured too - when a PR is created, the plan branch is created, and when a commit is made into that branch, that branch code is built and tested.
What would make Plan Branches perfect is for it to behave more like MS Devops, which has a very similar function, but which is very slightly different.
If a PR is created, and the target branch is configured correctly, Devops will perform a speculative (temporary) merge of your feature branch code into the target, and build *that* code, rather than the pre-merge code.
This means that if your Plan Branch code passes, you know you're OK to finish the merge. The Bamboo way tells you that your branch code is OK, but not that the merged result of your work into the target branch is OK.
I've looked around, and I can't see anything obvious as to even if this is possible.
Can anyone confirm/deny what I'm doing is possible in Bamboo?
I appreciate that I could do this by manually merging the target branch into the feature branch, but it would be nice for the tool to do this for us.
Thanks.
Pete.