For me, I would be all over the Exhibit Hall. I really miss the interaction in person with the vendors and Atlassian Product teams. That's where my biggest gain in productivity has come from.
Ah, I bet there's no need for Team 2921 to be in person. In that year, we'll be able to cooperate without even leaving the bed!
Ah, the dreaded typo haha. But that year's Team even will be LIT! :-)
Damn (that you fixed it already)... I was going to say "Teleportation between the various Team global sites (a different local cuisine in a different global city each evening)."
Now a serious answer...x2 on the Exhibit Hall but also in-person networking during the breaks, meals, activities, and in the halls.
+1 for the exhibit hall. So much value in actually seeing products from the marketplace and also the Atlassian demos. Of course, the online product demos also work very well. In fact, it was very helpful to be able to pause and rewind during the demos as I took notes. The downside was not being able to ask questions real-time during or after the demos.
+1 for Exhibit hall and also the in person networking during the breaks. I really miss the in person interaction and also it is of so much value in actually seeing the products from market place and those atlassian demos. Can directly get to meet the Atlassian developer for any issues experiencing and get to learn so much new.
Regardless of the year, the different worldly cuisine each night sounds like a fantastic idea! Actually each meal! hahaha
Seeing people. (Which primarily means the exhibit hall of course!)
Looking forward to meeting you in person one day, Nic. I will buy you a pint. :-)
Past Summits, I lived in the Exhibit Hall. No shame, just truthiness. And with as many connections as I've made in the Marketplace, I expect to be doubly true in the next in-person Team. But I also miss meeting with other people and seeing how they use Jira. I learned so much just from listening to other people talk about their implementation around a lunch table. Unfortunately, I don't think there's a good virtual substitute for that.
I'm with @John Funk and @Rodney Nissen _Work Wranglers_ _TJL_ on this one. The more Summits I attend, the more I find myself in the exhibit hall bouncing between Atlassian product teams, the Support Bar, and Q&A with the exhibitors.
This is clear change from my first attendance where I was trying to catch every keynote and breakout session. Did anyone else experience this behavior shift?
I miss being able to kibitz with other users/customers, with the exhibitors, and with the speakers.
Community Lounge, University Lounge, and vendor booths are my jam plus all the incredible unplanned "water cooler" conversations that happen. Some of the most valuable info I've taken home from every conference I've attended has been come from random interaction with other attendees. Even found an super-star summer intern candidate, whom we later hired, at the very first Container Days conference. You never know what will happen!
+1 for the Exhibit hall. I learn so much by talking with the vendors and listening to the questions that others ask of the vendors. I love learning through use cases and that was a great way to imagine how I might put something into place in my org that didn't yet exist. I also made a few friends that I stay in touch with, even today.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.