I can't see anyone's avatar on community.atlassian.com, instead the alt text is displayed.
Is this normal behaviour?
If I view the URL for an avatar image, e.g. https://api-private.atlassian.com/users/xxx:yyyy-dbfb-4f0c-a03e-zzzzzzzz/avatar?initials=public,
I see:
{"code":401,"message":"Unauthorized"}
This avatar is visible on other Atlassian products, but using a different. URL:
https://avatar-management--avatars.us-west-2.prod.public.atl-paas.net/xxx:yyyy-dbfb-4f0c-a03e-zzzzzzzz/fdsafdsa-7f19-432c-99d7-fdsfdsafdsafdsa/128
Is it just me? Am I special? Is there a fix? Are you aware that this is broken?
Hey @David at David Simpson Apps - we're aware of this particular issue and the underlying cause. If you happen to see this issue, you can resolve it by ensuring you're logged in to Atlassian Cloud (id.atlassian.com is a good place to check this). Once you're able to access Atlassian Cloud sites or your profile at id.atlassian.com, the avatars should load normally again on Community.
Cheers,Daniel | Atlassian Support
It's not nice:
Hopefully the underlying issue is fixed one of these days... quality of life improvements are always appreciated! 💪
Yeah, @Daniel Eads that didn’t work on my Mac/Chrome as I’m always logged into id.atlassian.com to use this and Jira Cloud etc. However everything is good on mobile Safari. You’ve got a weird bug there 🙃
The avatars are pulled from the identity service (or an anonymous one is shown if the logged-in user is not a member of the same organization, and that person has set their image to viewable by their organization only). Right now it's possible that the identity session may have ended - but the Community uses a separate session cookie. Therefore it's possible to be logged in on Community still while the identity service sees your requests for avatars as unauthorized. I hope that provides a little more guidance - if logging in at id.atlassian.com on the same browser session you're logged in to Community with doesn't seem to fix it, you could continue further by:
This should only happen once per user and session - so once you've cleared the problem on your Mac, you should be set in Chrome going forward.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.