We are trying to define an Advanced Roadmap that pulls in approx 15-20 jira project boards. I am able to add around 12 and then I get the message that there are too many issues to continue.
The documentation seems to point to using the jira project board, but I'm wondering if that is getting me into trouble because the majority of the boards are configured to pull all tickets for that project, so it's pulling to many issues back.
I tried building a filter to use, excluding all sub-task issuetypes and I'm getting 6100+ issues still. I tried building another filter adding sprint criteria (Sprint in futureSprints() OR Sprint in openSprints()), but the issues tied to kanban projects dropped off.
I see where I can filter by issuetype once I've built the project, but I have to make it through the selection screens before I can filter...
Is there anyone that has managed to get around a similar issue?