Hi,I have been facing issues with the third party links in trello. The links are resolving and when do copy-paste they do not get formatted properly. Any idea how to fix or disable link previews?
Not sure if this will help anyone in 2024 but I used the Link Preferences settings page and chose
-URL: Display the full URL ‘www.example.com’
It still created a link but not those VERY FRUSTRATING blocks. Just looks like a regular link.
https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/link-preferences
Cheers!
Do you have an example of what "not formatted properly" looks like?
Depending on where you are seeing the links resolved, you may be able to disable it. For example, link cards can be converted to regular cards (with no link resolution), but it can't be disabled for attachments.
Not 100% sure if I understand the question perfectly here but I think you are struggling with the new Link Cards?
https://help.trello.com/article/1256-link-cards
I made an overview video of these here (for Google Docs/Sheets) if that helps explain them...https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gNIzISDlD1s
I also noticed recently that the Link Card functionality doesn't work for me when I have a Butler automation set up to automatically add things to a card when created. eg I have an automation to add a certain label to a new card. This seems to block the Link Card functionality from working (removing the preview functionality, so it pastes in as a normal link instead). Maybe that will help you. So if you don't want the Link Cards to happen then make a basic Butler automation like I mentioned (let me know if you need help with that).
------
You can also manually convert Link Cards back into regular cards...
Link cards are placeholders that let you preview content from another website directly within your board. If you want to use a standard Trello card instead, you can definitely do that!
(mentioned in here https://help.trello.com/article/1256-link-cards)
Hope that helps!
Dan
Hi,I think my issue is not with link cards. The issue is with the notes added in the card that have screenshot links. Please check the example below.
Screenshot :
Hi!
I don't think they're talking about Link Cards, just links added into the description or comments in a regular card.
I personally don't like this "preview" and would prefer to see the link itself (http://...), as it was before. Is there any way to disable the link preview?
Thanks!
Sophie
Hey,
sorry I missed this - there's no way to disable this feature.
You can work around it by wrapping the url in backticks (`) to make it a code element, if you need to be able to see the full URL.
Hey @Sophie
currently, no. There's no way to disable the link previews.
Felix
Thanks Felix!
I'd very much like to be able to... if there's any way... someday.
Thanks for the response. I will follow with the backticks for now
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.