When viewing the changes in a stash in SourceTree, some of the files changed don't show all changes. How can I view (within SourceTree) all of the changes?
Try to remove the index on the file, then add the index again.
It's only showing the first hundred lines of files that have been deleted or added. I found editing the "Max Diff Line Count" (I put it arbitrarily large to 10,000 instead of stupidly small default of 100) option in Tools -> Options -> Diff fixed it. But it still doesn't show the full contents of added/deleted files.
stash.jpg
can you attach a screenshot to understand your question better?
I believe this is a limitation in windows version, you have the option to open it in an external tool from within sourcetree.
No, you cannot diff the files in a STASH in an external tool. This problem still exists today. Any file with more than 100 lines that you added to a stash cannot be viewed in the stash. You have to apply the stash to its original branch in order to recover it. This makes stashes difficult to use when trying to manually merge changes from one branch to another.
The SourceTree UI for this task is not helpful. To get the full source out of a stash, you can run a 'git stash show -p stash@{0}' command in a git bash shell. You can redirect the output into a text file and grab your complete stash source.
I found my answer here: https://stackoverflow.com/questions/37208438/see-full-content-of-stash-in-sourcetree
This is still an issue. I thought I was going crazy. If you go to the CLI and show the stash, it is complete, but Sourcetree does not provide a way to view all of it (Windows 8, ST: 3.1.3, Git: 2.22.0). This is a significant drawback IMHO.
by increasing the Max File Count and Max Diff Line Count in the Tools > Options > Diff.
Max File Count
Max Diff Line Count
Tools > Options > Diff.
It is worked for me. Source: https://stackoverflow.com/a/49233401/2462531
It's been years and no one fixes it ???
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.