Hi everyone,
Hoping someone has a better solution to this than I have...
Scenario is that I have a board with a list of suppliers and each list has a list of cards each representing a different product. The products go through different stages (we use labels on the product cards to mark the different stages). Once a product reaches the final stage (for example the blue label), the item is ready to be ordered. For one supplier there might be 4 different products (cards) in a list and ultimately we want all the products in the list to form a collection (list) on another board (product launch board). The collection name is not determined in advance, so I figure we will have to create a card in the list called 'collection....' that will act as a trigger to create the new collection list on the other board. Where I am stuck is how we get the product cards from the original list/board to show on that new list on the other board, considering the collection name is not determined in advance and considering that all lists on the product launch board will start with 'collection', so we need to ensure the cards are copied/transferred to the right collection list. So, in this case setting up a rule that when a card label is changed to blue, copy card to list starting with name 'collection...' list will not work.
Initial thoughts were that we could merge all the product cards into the 'collection...' card. Is this possible?
Is it possible to set up a rule that once the label of a card in this list is changed to blue for example, that it can be linked or added as an attachment to the card entitled 'collection...'?
Ultimately what we want to achieve is that a list is created on another board that shows the entire collection in the one list.
I appreciate any suggestions.
Thanks!