Hello,
I have a team that manually sets fixed releases to their issues. The length of the release is 1 quarter (start date = first day of the quarter and end date = last day of the quarter). They have defined their teams and assigned the team members. They use scrum-ban so have a weekly story point velocity assigned. The story backlog is prioritized. Some of their issues have been groomed and estimated (so story points assigned + the manually set release). Ungroomed issues just have the manually set fixed release. Due to the nature of their planning method, their releases have a lot of issues assigned.
When I Auto-Schedule the plan, the unestimated issues all have the same Target End date, but it's about 45 days past the fixed end date of the release. The team does not want to overwrite their manually set release, so that is set to "empty values only". What is the tool taking into consideration to push the date out for unestimated issues? I would have expected that the Target End date would have been set to the last day of the fixed release (May 31). Is it taking into consideration the number of issues in the release (estimated and not), size of the team and/or velocity, and any dependencies? I included a snapshot showing issues using the manually set fixed release (end date of May 31, 2021) in combination with their estimated issues so you can see the dates line up. Thank you.
