I found this other question here that seeks general understanding of the SourceTree history graph. There was a start of an answer, but I want to take it further. I'd love to get pointers to documentation or other helpful information. However, I will ask a few specific questions about this particular case.
sourcetree.png
For the given Git repository, I have 8 branches local and I have highlighted an additional branch that is only remote.
- How can I tell which vertical track goes with which branch?
- The diagonal lines I understand as indicators of merging and branching. Some of these have one colored circle end point anchored on one of the tracks, but none have two. How do I tell which branch they came from or are going to.
- Many of the lines push right past the rightmost track. Does that indicate they are anchored to a branch not shown?
- How can I control which branches are shown?
- With the branch highlighted, I get the blue bar across the graph/description windows. That doesn't indicate a merge or branch - so what is happening there?
Of course, any pointers to further documentation would be greatly appreciated.