I have installed Bamboo Server on a 64 bit CentOS linux server. After following the installation instructions and the agent installation instructions the Agent is unable to connect to the Server across port 54663. The firewall has been changed to allow communication of 54663.
When this command is run when the Bamboo server is running: netstat -nat | grep LISTEN
it returns:
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:3306 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:111 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:80 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:22 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 127.0.0.1:25 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 0.0.0.0:58017 0.0.0.0:* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 ::ffff:127.0.0.1:8005 :::* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 ::ffff:127.0.0.1:54663 :::* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 :::36010 :::* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 :::111 :::* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 :::8080 :::* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 :::8085 :::* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 :::22 :::* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 ::1:25 :::* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 :::8090 :::* LISTEN
tcp 0 0 ::ffff:127.0.0.1:8000 :::* LISTEN
So we can see that it is listening, but the agent machine cannot connect. If I shut of the Bamboo server, then I can run nc -l 54663 on the server and the windows machine that has the agent can telnet to port 54663. So I know that I can communicate across this port between the agent machine and the server. But, communication fails when Bamboo is running.
We are trying to prove that we can run Bamboo server on a linux machine and execute msbuilds on an agent.