I want to be able to theme by colour codes as i can on a normal board how do i get these visible in the timeline view ? Thank you ..
Hi Anna,
Unfortunately the timeline view on Trello doesn't offer this feature at the moment. The only additional information you can see with this view is the team members assigned to the card. Take a look here: Trello Timeline View Guide
I'm sorry I couldn't be of more help! I'm more than happy to help if you have any more questions 😊
All the best,
Laura
Laura, I know this is recent but is this stull a feature that is unavailable?
Hi @Aldus Simmons 👋
It is indeed though stay tuned as Trello release updates all the time! If I spot any changes I'll drop you a message here 😃
Have a great day!
The timeline view is the only reason I upgraded, being a very visual person I NEED the color-changing ability on the timeline.PLEASE... when will this be active?
Same here, I´m planning to use Teamgantt while Trello does not offert colour options
Totally agree, such a shame! Its so frustrating to be so plain, way less user friendly and surely adding colour can't be that hard to do??? Would love to see this happen - does anyone know if its even on their Radar??
Been quite some time now, and this enhancement has not appeared. It would be such an obvious improvement for project planning and management, and I honestly wouldn't imagine it would be all that hard to achieve. Is there any way that this can be moved up the queue? Thanks.
Hello everyone Planyway can help with color-coding cards on the calendar (free option) and timeline (paid option). It syncs with your Trello labels and you can assign them to cards right in Planyway.
I'm from the Planyway team, so feel free to ask questions if you have any
Just paid for Pro specifically for the timeline... that I guess I'll never use since its pretty pointless for me without color.
I just added Planyway and it adds colours! Had to redo the dates, but that's ok. Also adds milestones as timeline flags. Probably does heaps more, but I've only been in there a minute!
Hi guys!Are there any updates on this feature, it would be really helpful for us to have a timeline view with colors.
Thanks in advance!
Agreed
@Laura Holton _ACE Manchester_ any update?
Hi @Jahdon Quinlan I'm afraid not 😕
Hi, I really wanted this to work, but adding a Trello card to planyway gets rid of all the labels I had on that card, which makes it unusable
Hi @Aunty Games, by default Planyway colors cards on the timeline according to the 1st label of a card.
You can change that in the View settings if needed. To see all labels on a card, you can switch to the “no color” option:
Hope this helps,Tania
Totally agree too, this feature should be standard
very helpful, thanks!
Hi everyone,
altough it is not a perfect solution, I found one that works for me.
I created some free members and I am adding them to the cards.
Each member has a different pinball that will be shown in the card in the timeline with a different colour. I assigned a specific meaning to each pinball colour.
In this way I can have cards with different coloured pinballs according to the member I added.
I know it is weird but at least it works for me.
Hi @Laura Just wanted to Up this question that stays without answer for so long now... Please, a statement wether you're planning to add this missing feature or not would be the very least we can expect for a paid product.
WOW. Such a basic feature missing. I'm so happy I went first with the trial so that I know now I won't be buying the Premium for my team. Gotta have to stick to using multiple tools for multiple purposes 😞
Support!
Support! This is a real important piece missing here, that is very basic functionality!
Hi team Trello,
I'm a happy user of the Trello Kanban, but like others the design limitations do take back a bit of the joy. I tried the trial for the calendar view and ended up here. I must say I'm dissapointed that something that should be a quite easy feature, asked for by the community, hasn't been implemented. Since march 2021!
If the cards could be color coded, I would instantly sign up for the premium plan. But the overview is really confusion without colors. Isn't that what Trello is about? Helping people organise and plan their work?I hope to get an answer whether this feature is coming / planned / on the roadmap or not. Kind regards, Michael
We thought about this solution aswell, it is not perfect but it gives us some idea. Only problem is when you have multiple members on the cards.
Hello @Laura Holton _ACE Manchester_ any news on that? Almos 3 years now from the first post...
About to head into 2025, nearly 4 years since this now popular request was made. I get the feeling ATLASSIAN has tried the diversify itself so much with the like of JIRA and CONFLUENCE and whatever else that they have lost sight of their core product and customer base. Such a simple request that should have never had to be made. White cards on a white calendar background (or black on black in dark mode), make it make sense!
.
I'm on a trial to check out the timeline. Would subscribe to Premium only for this feature!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.