When looking for solutions or information about JIRA or Confluence features, I'll often start with a Google Search.
Usually there's a relevant posting in the Atlassian community, but when clicking on the link it will immediately redirect me to authenticate. This interaction is completely off-putting to me; I just want to read people's responses and don't plan to participate in the discussion. I'm sure many Atlassian users who want information about the products but don't want to create community accounts feel the same way.
I can get around this authentication redirect via Google's cached version of the page. The cached version has "Sign up" and "Login" buttons at the top of the page and other elements designed to handle unauthenticated users. This proves there is already security in place for allowing anonymous access.
I would like to understand why this community site doesn't permit anonymous access (and hopefully the reason isn't to "encourage" more people to sign up for accounts), and would like to make a suggestion to change this.