Hello There,
I've run into a loop problem (quite literally) since I was trying to figure out how to create a number of cards based on a Number custom field.
My attempt at a solution was:
Trigger: When the Number custom field is set to a value greater or equal to 1,
Actions: Create a card, then decrease the custom field by 1.
Obviously, this ran me into a loop error after 3 cards were created as I could see in the Butler log, and I'm really running into a pickle here trying to figure out how I could do this. This functionality is crucial to our workflow as we will have a number of sub-projects called "ADU's" within our main project, and I simply need to create a card for each ADU after the main project reaches a certain stage.
We will never have any projects with over 10 ADU's. If we run into a loop, can't these command runs just add to our used command quota?
For reference - the Butler command is initiated from our 'Purchase' board when a checklist named 'Purchase Stage 4' is completed. The loop begins running from our board 'Board Transfer', trying to create cards in the board "ADU Projects".
I also tried making a checklist (using the same loop to add each checklist item) and then using the 'for each item in checklist" action, but I am still running into the same problem on the checklist item creation portion.
In the meantime, I see if Triggering separate Butler commands for each of the custom field values will work instead. I have a feeling I'm going to run into the same problem though.
If there is a solution to this please let me know, I'm almost grasping at straws trying to get similar functionality here. Thank you so much for your help!