Hello,
I see how to make a CARD a template, and checklists WITHIN cards can be templates (I think?) but can you make a list a template?
I work in grant management. I follow a defined procedure for proposal review - a checklist, yes - but I don't like that checklists only show up as a numeric number of boxes (i.e. checkbox 2/12) in a card. It also doesn't make sense spatially to me to have a list with only 1 squished card vs. having all the tasks "drop down" vertically via cards.
The way I have it set up now is that each list represents a different proposal. Each card represents a different task/action taken on the proposal. When the proposal review is finished, I archive the card.

Should I keep a "template" list that I "copy" if there's no way to make it officially a template within Trello? Is there some functionality I'm missing? Thank you!