Error Message:
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks push -v --tags origin feature/x:feature/xremote: Because you enabled two-step verification for your Atlassian account, you'll need to authenticate with an app password. Create an app password at https://bitbucket.org/account/admin/app-passwordsfatal: unable to access 'https://bitbucket.org/x.git/': The requested URL returned error: 403
However despite following the documentation and changing my authentication type to Basic with username and app password (with "Authentication OK" and green tick) it still spits out this error message after restarting.
Using Windows 10.
I've tried deleting pswd in AppData.
This worked for me where I have cloned the repo locally before creating the app passwords.
Given you have the app password created in your bitbucket repo
Then update your local git repo as below
git remote set-url origin https://USERNAME:APP_PASSWORD@bitbucket.org/OWNER/REPO.git
I have this problem, too and it's very annoying. I have already refreshed my password and also set the user with this password on the repository and it still shows this error.
Maybe I should turn off two factor authentication because of this but that's not ideal.
Hello,Same problem.
When two-step verification is enabled, I cannot do any operation in the Sourcetree software. Whether it is through the classic interface or the terminal the error is the same, "error 403".
I tried deleting my account in Tools -> Options, but it doesn't fix the problem. I also tried to log out and log back into my Atlassian account through the internet browser.On the other hand, if I cancel the two-step verification, it works perfectly well.
A solution ?
I was having the same problem.
Had to cancel the two-step authentication to be able to work.
Having exactly the same problem.
Did someone managed to make this work? Or cancelling 2FA is the only option?
worked just fine, thanks
I just encountered this problem too. Set up an app password for Sourcetree, turned on TSV, and then couldn't access BitBucket through Sourcetree. Turned off TSV and could access BB fine from Sourcetree. When will this error be fixed?
thank you
how to cancel the two-step verification?
Now I'm not sure if I had it enabled in my Bitbucket account or Atlassian account, but you can check for yourself in the following links:
Bitbucket: https://bitbucket.org/account/settings/two-step-verification/manage
Atlassian: https://id.atlassian.com/manage-profile/security/two-step-verification
Hope it helps.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.