Greetings, Atlassian People!
I'm a technical writer (20+ years) with a little bit of experience with these great products, gathered when I was embedded in the DevOps team for IO Data Centers (now Iron Mountain) here in Phoenix. I am experienced with ServiceNow, but I see increased calls for Confluence and Jira in job descriptions, and I want to be on the bus. Would love a few Quick-start tips as my most recent contract is ended, and I am ramping up the "next gig hunt", and using the interim for upskilling.
I started writing about technology at Broadcast Engineering magazine (5- years), then moved into semiconductors, then IT. Cisco Networking Academy was a wonderful gig, and I wrote courseware and then did train-the-trainer work. I was working up some exam questions when I was invited to document a new Cisco product, and I have done product guides, user manuals, SOPs, and policy and procedure documents ever since.
Current passion: I am back in night school soaking up math to become familiar with Data Science, ML, and AI. Also in a training program called Quibit-by-Quibit offered by IBM / Code School.
Current Hobbies: Organic Gardening and playing the tuba.
Thank You!
Cheers,
Rick Lehtinen