I created a local repository and made about eight commits. I have not pushed anything to a remote repository. Then I realized that I should have put the last three commits into a separate branch so I created a new branch at the sixth commit and set the master to the fifth commit. There were a couple of changes that had not been committed. Now it appears that I have only the sixth commit in the branch and the last two commits do not show separately on the branch or the continuation of the master branch, so I'm confused as to what happened to them. I did not do a stash before creating the branch or resetting the master.
I believe I need to undo the branch/master changes and start over with all commits in the master. I did create a stash after the fact but am now gun shy about losing the missing commits.
Please Help!
Gary