I'm trying to find an answer to an issue which seemingly does not have a solution explained anywhere yet.
We use remote agents to do all of our bamboo builds, and we do *not* use the default agent on the bamboo server.
The bamboo server itself does not build: its agent is already disabled in the agent list
However, it seems that bamboo still makes the server check out its own copy of the git repositories that the remote agents are using, for some obscure and unexplained reason. This causes the server to run out of disk space, since it's never supposed to checkout those repositories in the first place
The only reference to this problem I could find anywhere on the internet is here:
https://serverfault.com/questions/304320/how-do-i-get-bamboos-disk-usage-under-control
However, no one gave a satisfactory answer, actually no one answered the question at all. This is not about disabling the default agent, since in both cases (ours, and the person that asked this question) the default agent is already disabled
This is not about clearing the build directory before or after the job, since we are talking about two different machines here: the unwanted checkout here is happening on the server, not on the remote agent
If anyone knows anything that could help solve this issue, we would be infinitely grateful
Update: I just found in the "Repository Settings" of the administration panel, that we have some understanding or control on those server-side cache
However, that page says "Git caches can be configured to reside both on the server and remote agents". Well it appears that that page is lying, as I have found nowhere how those caches can be configured to reside on the server and remote agents. Actually, I haven't found a place to configure those caches at all, and the documentation isn't helping 