Recently I did a Pull to get the latest from the remote. Immediately after that, my Working Copy changed to 23 from 7 (under File Status on the left panel). Presumably, the difference is the new files pulled from the remote that are newer than my local copies. The bottom status bar says: master Merge: 17 modified 6 missing. (I know that a dev deleted files which explains the 6 missing).
I want to update my local dev environment with the latest files, but am unclear how to do that and get my Working Copy back to the number that reflects only the files that I have changed locally.
git status from command line says “On branch master. All conflicts fixed but you are still merging.
Use “git commit” to conclude merge. In addition, there is a list of files (in red) that are “Changes not staged for commit. (I have not touched those files).
Use ‘git add/rm’ to update what will be committed.
Use ‘git checkout’ to discard changes in working directory.
Question: what is the fastest way to just update my local files and get “Working Copy” to 0?
Do I really need to do a “git commit” AND “git add” AND “git checkout”?
I’m just nervous about potentially changing anything on the remote or getting further out of synch.
Thanks in advance.