Hi folks,
I've recently started a new job with a small company in IT. I've been put in charge of revamping the incident management process. We currently use Jira Service Desk cloud and I'm evaluating changing the process to incorporate Opsgenie.
Currently, when an Incident is raised in Jira, a support analyst handles all of the communications to the rest of the business through a company-wide email through a template. We are essentially using the Jira Incident ticket in the fashion to which I anticipate we will use Opsgenie's major incident process.
My main goal is here is speed, our process currently is slow and cumbersome (formatting a formal email is frustrating when you're attempting to fix a problem but I digress...) so I'm looking to remove all barriers for us in IT to make things as easy as possible when the heat is on.
Is there a way to almost 'bypass' the regular Jira Incident workflow and go straight to a major incident in Opsgenie? It's not a dealbreaker by any means, but our incidents are always major incidents to use the new wording, so using the 'old' incident page on service desk seems a bit redundant.
Appreciate any input!