Created an automation that when a card (created from a check list) due date is changed to completed. The card will be moved to "completed list" Then tics (checks) off the item in the check list where the card was created.Butler does not see my check list name.I have gone into the checklist and copied the name to past later in the script.Also I have used for "item" {cardname} , {cardlink} , Actual item .Am i missing something? or is butler broken? First half of script works! Butler can create a linked card from that check list?
@Zack Arnold you have to create a linked card, then when you want to check off the item on the parent card you first have to find the first card linked in the description, you can see a similar implementation here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Trello-articles/Trello-Subtasks-with-Butler/ba-p/1060392
@Zack Arnold
Your current card is set on the trigger card while the item is on Master Electrical card.
@milynnus New to Trello and just not tracking yet.The Parent - Master Electrical Has a Checklist "Electrical Master Checklist" 3-Items in it.When each of those items were created in the checklist Butler Created a "linked" cardNow in list "ELECTRICAL" there's 4 cards.Electrical Master -parent Design Electrical Control Panel (linked) Order Parts (linked) Assy Panel (linked)
What I want to accomplish is:When I check "Completed" on due Date of Card "Design Electrical Control Panel"The Checklist item within "Electrical Master" card (Electrical Master Checklist) is also checked done. Then Card is moved to another list.How would I script that in Butler?Thanks for the help, and patient with a new guy
Zack
Going by your original command show in your picture, I would insert a find card titled... Electrical Master. Try it
@milynnus Tried that suggestion. The result was the same. I even modified it so that the name of the checklist items was called out . Now just "checklist item 1"I have noticed that once a checklist item has been converted to a card. While the check list shows the original checklist item name which becomes name of the created card "cardname" if you click into the check list item is converts that to something like this "https://trello.com/c/FEu3w63w" Which looks like the card unique Identifier.Still not functional. Seems odd that a card created from a checklist link cant find the checklist it came from? Ive tried searching and surprised that I'm the first person trying to do this.Heres a copy of the new rule created.Any other suggestion?
@Iain Dooley So I solved the issue with your pointers. Trello now when you create a Card from a Link will keep that link. So I didn't need to do that step in the creation.In this case someone can make the task as "Complete" which will tick the check list . But leaves the card in the list to be moved my supervisor after inspecting the work.Here's a Screen shot of that.Thanks Again Zack
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.