Dear Atlassian-Community,
I started a specialized clearing and remodeling company a few years ago and we are currently looking to implement new software. My goal is to have something alike an operating system for our company that we can use to manage our cases and also in the future our internal stuff, like HR or inventory management.
I have heard great things about Jira and its capability to solve business problems, but I am struggling to find a good base structure for us to go ahead with.
For better understanding, let me tell you about our general workflow. We (office of 3, with 20 service personnel that get their hands dirty) have about 50-100 ingoing cases on a rolling basis, with 3-5 new cases coming in every day usually via email or phone.
Each case consists of various stages: clearing out furniture, deep cleaning, deconstruction and reconstruction. Some cases need all of these stages, sometimes people only need us for a single stage or a few of them. Each stage has its own sub-stages, for instance the reconstruction stage, in which we need to order material, wait for completion of previous stages and approvals and so on. Usually after first contact, one of us drives onsite and discusses scope. Then, after our quote gets accepted, the case goes along with work step by step and stage by stage. So, our general workflow is structured, but each case is different and has different dependencies regarding the situation onsite.
For now, we use paper folders onsite which (for now) is quite good because it's bullet prove for our service people. We have software for our quotes and CRM, but planning is also done within these paper folders, with material lists and memos handwritten. It worked great so far, but with 50-100 paper folders flying around in our office and steady growth, it's hard to keep track of everything. You might get an idea, why I want to beam us from last century into 2021.
I am not afraid of a longterm project to implement this, but my current struggle is: How do I structure Jira to work with this? Do I use a Jira Project for each new case or do I use issues and epics for a case? Or do I use tasks in Jira Core? Are there any great add-ons that you can suggest?
I would love some hint or best practice that might point me to a great solution.
Thank you so much for your help.
Henry