I’m trying to install bamboo 4.0 and can’t figure out how to specify a named instance in the jdbc connection string for my MS SqlServer database.
The recommended syntax per ms sql doc jdbc:sqlserver:// serverName instanceName :portNumber ;property=value ;property=value
Bamboo documentation example is jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://localhost:1433/<database> which doesn’t allow for a named instance and varies slightly from the MS SQL Server doc example. Using their example I would expect to use ;databaseName=bamboo
Instead of just bamboo.
I’ve tried a couple of different things including jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://MYSERVER-SQL7:1433/bamboo and jdbc:jtds:sqlserver://MYSERVER-SQL7 STAGING:1433/bamboo (where STAGING is our named instance on the MYSERVER-SQL7 server) and I get errors on both
I have verified that my username/password is correct and I have sysadmin rights on my db.
I have also tried using the AD group name in the login group as in DOMAIN myLoginID with my normal network password.
I found reference to a jira.xml document that explains how to configure it in the jira.xml file directly (for a named instance issue like I'm having with Bamboo) but I can’t find anything in the bamboo configs (or I don’t know where to look) to make a similar change.
See: http://forums.atlassian.com/thread.jspa?threadID=46826 for the reference to the jira.xml configuration I'm talking about above that sounds like what I need in bamboo.