Is there an easy way to assign a Label to a card based on a variable Custom Field.
For example if I had a Custom Field with 5 Options, can I create 5 labels and get a Label assigned to the card based on the answer I provide to the Custom Field
Hi @Olly Smart ,
welcome to the Atlassian Community!
I think you can create set of rules with Butler, something like this:
when custom field "Test Dropdown" is set to "Option 1" by anyone, add the green label to the card
Hi there, thanks for responding ... yes I considered that option but was hoping for something more efficient so that I can change the Option and the label will change too .. without having to add rules to remove the old label(s) before adding the new label..
I understand. I looked through the Power-Ups, but I didn't find anything, that would help you. That doesn't mean there's no way, but I'm sorry, I don't see any right now.
What exactly is your use case? Maybe we will be able to find completely different way. Thank you.
@Olly Smart this Trellinator function would add a label when a custom field value is set, removing all other labels:
https://gist.github.com/iaindooley/1195a8e284a37fd2627bd6ccf4fb3750
You can read more about Trellinator here:
https://community.atlassian.com/t5/Marketplace-Apps-Integrations/Introducing-Trellinator-Automate-Trello-with-Google-Apps-Script/ba-p/925271
I have 13 options (they represent different workstreams) and a card can move from one to another.
When I select one of those options I wanted a label to follow that.
It seems that this may not be easily possible (other than to create a rule which removes the other 12 labels each time I select a new value)
So for now I can simply type the option value(s) in the search bar for the relevant option(s) in order to filter the view to only see those cards.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.