When setting up my current machine SourceTree was only available from the website, so that's how I installed it. Even paid for a license (and happy to do it). I'm setting up a replacement machine and have to decide whether to go the same route or install from the App Store. The fact that it is free in the App Store makes that a very attractive choice. However, I noticed that the version I'm currently running is 1.5.5.1 but the version on the App Store is 1.5.3. So it looks like the direct download path would give me updates a LOT more quickly. Is that a reasonable analysis? If I want quicker updates, install from the website, if I'm not as concerned about that, install from the App Store?
I suppose this is the bottom line question: How often do you intend to update the app on the App Store?
Thanks,
David