I'm struggling to properly form an API call to change the cover color for a card. I posted the approach I'm taking in StackOverflow as well here.
I suspect I have a problem of proper formation of the PUT request. I've tried it in my Python code, using Postman, and using a simple cURL command, all with similar results. Here's the basic form that I have tried:
Except when I make a gross syntax error, the API returns a JSON that simply returns the current color of the card's cover (and a lot of other attributes of the card). The color of the cover does not actually change. I asked for pink and I got confirmation of green:

Is there a chance the Trello API is color blind? ;-)
For those looking for it, the capability is documented in the API and discussed here.
Any hints about how to properly form this request?
Paul