Trying to make a TL:DR on the top here.
I have a workflow board that automatically copies and links cards to an editorial calendar board based on a custom field called Publication Date (we use due dates for internal milestones).
On the editorial calendar board, the butler automatically ingests cards, reads the Publication Date and puts it in as the Due date so that the calendar view properly displays deliverables.
This works fine but now I have a problem when someone changes the publication date custom field on the original card in the workflow board. I need an automation that updates the card on the editorial calendar board.
I've tried these two automations
when custom field "Published Date" is set, for each card linked in the attachments, archive the card
when custom field "Published Date" is set, copy the card to the top of list "Content Marketing Publication Dates (Automated)" on board "Editorial Calendar" and link the cards together
but I can't get the order of operations right.
In plain English, this is what I need.
Either:
- When published field is updated on workflow board, update due date on the linked card in editorial calendar board
or
- When published field is updated on workflow board, archive the linked card then create a new card with the updated published date field.
Any ideas short of paying for some ridiculous functionality/plugin?
Thanks.