There are times when I need to pull down the latest files from my production server and push changes into GIT. When I pull the files, everything in my local GIT repo gets overwritten - mostly with the exact same files (name, code, location - everything is the same except the timestamp).
Even though 95% of the files are exactly the same as what was there before, Sourcetree seems to consider those file to have changed. In the merge screen I can see the complete code for that file highlighted in red (old) followed by the exact same code highlighted in green (new). There are no differences in the old and new code.
Does this have to happen? It makes these pushes to GIT relatively useless, as there's no way to see what actually has changed. Is there any way to force Sourcetree to just look at the code and not the timestamp (or whatever it uses to determine it's a different file)?