Hey there -
Just found out about Sourcetree today and was very excited to use it and possibly switch from Tower.app. HOWEVER, I just noticed a huge issue that I can't work around and I'm scratching my head as to whether it's a bug or a "feature".
Basically I have a codebase with a ton of feature and hotfix branches. When I'm working on a particular branch and want to push my changes, I click on the Push button in the toolbar, and instead of getting a dialog like the one the Pull button displays (where the branch i'm working on is selected per context), the dialog shows a list of all branches in my repository -- MOST OF THEM SELECTED!!! -- which means if I'm not careful I would be setting off a nuke and pushing my changes to about 30 different branches rather than just the branch I am working on. Why in the world is SourceTree behaving this way? I even went in and unchecked all branches except the current branch and pushed, but the next time I wanted to push I had to do the same thing over again as all branches were again preselected!!! Very bizarre behavior IMHO and I'm wondering if this is a glaring bug or just a misunderstanding on my part. Perhaps I'm just used to using Tower.app but it doesn't have this NUKE ALL option disguised as a Push button.
I also noticed then even when my branch working copy doesn't have any changes, the Pull button in the toolbar shows that I have 36 changes -- not sure where the "36" is coming from.
It seems that I can get around this by right-clicking on my active branch and selecting "Push to origin/production (tracked)", the branch being "production", but why can't I do this from a button in the toolbar? The Pull button in the toolbar seems to be aware of context.
I'd really like to switch to SourceTree if there was a workaround or way to disable the PUSH TO ALL BRANCHES APOCOLYPSE "feature", but for now it seems to dangerous to use.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.