I have two remote brance, everytime I wanna push, I need to switch another branch in the push window. Can I set a remote branch as default?
Right-click your local branch in the sidebar on the left, then select Track Remote Branch, and then the remote branch you want it to track. That will then be the default when you push next time.
I did as what you said, the default pull branch changed, but default push branch didn't change.
In that case you probably need to change your settings in Tools > Options > Git, the 'Push branches' option should be set to 'upstream'.
I did what you said, the result is the same as before.
This bug still exists in Sourcetree 2.1, but you can work around it by renaming your preferred push branch to "origin", and then secret sourcetree magic will allow that branch to be the default push branch.
This bug still exists in 2020 version 3.2.1 (Mac), along with many other Sourcetree bugs. Sourcetree feels like abandonware.
I am also having this issue. I set "pushe Branches" to Upstream on the settings, but if I use the push button on the top I need to check the branch where I want to push.Why is not setting the current branch as default? I am missing something?@ekloecker2 did you found a fix?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.