On my windows 10 desktop, SourceTree takes 100% disk usage most of the times. As a result, my development system has become unusable. I have tried all sorts of things but nothing seems to help. Can a case be opened with Atlassian to get to the bottom of this ASAP? Without a fix from Atlassian or a workaround, I am unable to do any development
I have done a lot of debugging related to SourceTree and why it is hogging the disk. I have added exclusions in Windows Defender for it, changed some of its settings, changed to use system git (instead of embedded) after getting the latest version etc. Nothing seems to help. Once I launch SourceTree, disk usage goes to 100% and stays there for a very long time (more than 45 minutes). Once it settles down and I perform any operation, SourceTree is back to 100% and stays there again for a long time. I do not want to try the usual reinstall SourceTree or any such thing. What will be helpful is to open a case with Atlassian and get their input on what could cause SourceTree to see such a high disk usage which makes using this application unusable.