Hi, need help on creating a second Kanban board
I am creating a second Kanban board under the same project. The second board automatically copies the contents of the first board. How can i create the second board independent to the first one. Cheers
What do you want to be different between the two boards? By default, the Kanban board will reflect all of the issues in the project. If you want to show only a portion of the issues, you need to create a filter and base the board on that filter instead of the project.
Hi @Mathi Dissanayake ,
In projects, Boards are a place where we can display all issues of the project and used to view reports scrum / Kanban.
When ever you create a new board, the board is able publish all issues from current project.
You can customise what to be displayed on the board by visiting
Board settings - general - board filter
Where you can edit the JQL to display required issues
I have an umbrella project that has two sub projects that are not related. I wanted two separate kanban boards created under this umbrella project. The cards in each kanban board are different. So when I create the second board, all cards from the first board are getting copied on to the second board. When I try to remove the cards from the second board, that's getting removed from the first board as well.
@Mathi DissanayakeI agree with Derek. You can create a second board with a different filter. It sounds like you might need to either use components or create two separate projects to get two different boards.
Thanks, guys. I managed to get the issue sorted out with your support. Cheers
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.