Hello. I'd like to develop a CI pipeline for my hardware development project. I am developing an FPGA-based hardware system and need to streamline 1) building, 2) regression testing, and 3) emulation. For those unfamiliar with FPGA-based development, the first two items are purely software-based using Python/Bash scripts around a proprietary yet free software (Xilinx Vivado in my case). Regression testing in my case amounts to wrapping a Python unittest framework around the Vivado simulator. The last item, emulation, requires physical hardware to be accessible on the network since I want to be able to run my (same) regression tests now on real hardware (i.e. not merely simulated). I imagine an FPGA development board plugged into a networked computer via an FPGA JTAG cable and the CI server communicating with that networked computer.
I was thinking that I would use Bamboo Server but it looks like its being deprecated soon and I'm not sure how amenable Bamboo Cloud is to working with custom hardware. FWIW, I have used Bamboo Server in the past at my previous company to do something similar but we had a team of IT/DevOps personnel to internally manage that system. Currently, I have very little access to IT/DevOps bandwidth and expertise.
Can someone point me in the right direction?
Thanks in advance,
Tyler