Hi, are empty commits supported in Sourcetree? If not, why not?
Thanks!
Hi @Noam Levy ,
Welcome to the community! We are glad you are here.
Wish you a very happy new year!
Well, I think it can be done!
GIT commit has a special command switch for this purpose:
–allow-empty
This switch performs a simple commit with no file changes but with a complete GIT object as a regular commit.
For example, the following command:
git commit –allow-empty -m “Empty test commit”
Thanks Soumyadeep.
We know how to use the --allow-empty command terminal, question is how to use it from within sourcetree?
Hi @Tech2778 ,
I'm not sure if it can be done using GUI, But I hope this feature will be available in the future! Making a function available in GUI is tougher, so it might take some time but I hope it will be available in future updates!
Its 2025, is this done?
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.