We've been using slack integration for quite a while. It stopped working around 16 hours ago.
Back story - we submitted a new version of our app to Slack but when they put it into the slack App Store it seems like it’s being treated as a new app (ie it is not using previous authorizations like it is supposed to). This could be Trello’s fault. This could be Slack’s fault. Regardless, we both apologize as this is an experience we did not intend to happen and we are trying to figure out how to resolve it
BUT, it does seem like if you don’t want to wait just redoing the whole app and reinstalling it on the slack side would fix it.
We have the same issue. The error message is "No longer authorized to post alerts on behalf of the creator."
Try /invite trello back to that channel and that should help
I got the same error, how do I fix this?
The fix is posted literally above your comment.
I've invited Trello into the slack room as advised above but still have No longer authorized to post alerts on behalf of the creator. errors on my existing integrations.
If I create a new one, it also reverts back to the above error state.
I've tried to invite @Alen again, recreated PoweUp and subscriptions, removed app on the Slack side - nothing helps, messages don't work.We're using free Slack workspace and Trello, private board and Slack channel.
>No longer authorized to post alerts on behalf of the creator.
to fix it I had to change app name, board name, delete from all workspaces, powerpurs (and clean up all credentials firstly). I don't remember the right sequence, but now it works.Check "Slack Team Linking"
I removed the Trello app from my Slack workspace. Removed Trello addon from my Trello board. Made all the linking (accounts, slack channel to post, etc.) from scratch but the activity notifications from Slack doesn't work.
Same here
Redid everything and elements of the integration work but the activity notifications do NOT work still.
Similar to what Maksym said, if you:
1. remove your power up settings on Trello by pressing "Remove Personal Settings" on the Slack Power-Up
2. use the "/trello reset" and "/trello setup" commands on Slack
you should be able to relink your account.
Done it many times, also in the exact sequence of your message. Nothing happens.
The account relinking seem ok when setup but when I add a new card nothing is notified on Slack.
If in Trello I go to "menu" (right panel), Slack, Edit settings of the powerup, I receive this:
And if I click on the edit "Modifica" link on the above screenshot I receive this:"You are not authorized anymore to publish alerts on behalf of the creator/author"
So, this appears to have started working again, but now it's posting notifications via a specific user and not the trello bot/user. What gives?
We rolled out a change to our Slack Power-Up that had seemed to invalidated the bot token on some workspaces. We added a fix to use the user's token if the bot token fails.
Remved association from team, removed linking informations from power-up (step already done many times) but today it started working again. Thanks.
@Bryan Liao The bot token still fails for us and it uses my token instead. However, I'm the user who needs to be notified about changes in Trello and Slack will not notify me about "my" messages.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.