Hi
I try to change my email address in my atlassian account.
The problem is that I don't receive the verification mail on the new email address, I only get the email to the OLD address that a change is requested.
I've seen this Post ( https://confluence.atlassian.com/cloudkb/change-atlassian-account-email-addresses-969508513.html ) and I'm doing exactly the steps as described there.
I've checked my spam / junk folder and if the new address is already linked to any other account / product, but it's not.
Any other suggestions?
Thanks!
Andreas
Hi @Andreas Vogel ,
Daniel with Atlassian Support here! Our mail service received an error from your new email addresses email server when the verification email was sent:
550: 550 Requested action not taken: mailbox unavailable
When our mail service gets errors like this, it takes a temporary pause from sending more mail so it doesn't overwhelm the receiving mail server. You could imagine the problems it might cause a small company if they had a couple users with full mailboxes, and Jira notifications continued to pour in.
I've cleared out the temporary pause on your new account - so the verification email will try to deliver again if you resend it. Please double-check for typos in the new email address as well, just in case! If the mail service gets this error again, it will go back into "paused" mode and I'll need to clear that out for you once more.
Let me know either way when you retry - I'm keen to know that you were able to get your new address squared away!
Cheers,Daniel | Atlassian Support
You can clear cache & data from your browser and update the browser to its latest version.
Then try to follow the steps and wait a maximum of 24 hours!
Sometimes with some email id, it takes some time!
Hi @Daniel Eads
thanks for your response.
I've tried the email change again but now I get the message "daily limit reached". I think it's because I've tried it too often within the last 24h?!
Hopefully I haven't hit the "paused" mode again with this error. I'll try my luck again tomorrow.
I did pick up one more pause event out of the mail service just now - if it's not too much trouble, could you give it one more go today? Either it will work this time, or I'll get an error that we can work on to improve the reliability of the system. Thanks!
I've tried it again, with the same output: daily limit reached
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.