I am running a Bamboo remote agent on a Ubuntu server. Startup of the remote agent fails with a message The version of Java specified by wrapper.java.command (14) is greater than the maximum allowed (8)."
I have JDK 1.8 installed and in the bash shell the Java Path ponts to 1.8
if I type java -version on command line I see java version "1.8.0_60"
Basically the systemctl command "systemctl start bamboo-agent" fails
and after the failure if I run "journalctl -xe "
I see following message in output
Dec 16 09:52:10 unbuntu-agent-1 bamboo-agent.sh[3523]: Starting Bamboo Agent...
Dec 16 09:52:10 unbuntu-agent-1 bamboo-agent[3612]: --> Wrapper Started as Daemon
Dec 16 09:52:10 unbuntu-agent-1 bamboo-agent[3612]: Java Service Wrapper Standard Edition 64-bit 3.5.41
Copyright (C) 1999-2019 Tanuki Software, Ltd. All Rights >
http://wrapper.tanukisoftware.com
Dec 16 09:52:10 unbuntu-agent-1 bamboo-agent[3612]: Licensed to Atlassian Pty Ltd for Bamboo Remote Agent
Dec 16 09:52:10 unbuntu-agent-1 bamboo-agent[3612]:
Dec 16 09:52:10 unbuntu-agent-1 bamboo-agent[3612]: The version of Java specified by wrapper.java.command (14)
is greater than the maximum allowed (8).
Dec 16 09:52:10 unbuntu-agent-1 bamboo-agent[3612]: <-- Wrapper Stopped
Dec 16 09:52:25 unbuntu-agent-1 bamboo-agent.sh[3523]: Waiting for Bamboo Agent..................
Dec 16 09:52:25 unbuntu-agent-1 bamboo-agent.sh[3523]: WARNING: Bamboo Agent may have failed to start.
Dec 16 09:52:25 unbuntu-agent-1 systemd[1]: bamboo-agent.service: Control process exited, code=exited, status=1>
-- Subject: Unit process exited