I'd like to;
- Schedule the creation of cards from templates each month
- Include in the title of the card the current month
Thanks
Butler has Scheduled/Calender rules in which every month you can Create a card with quite a bit of detail. Possibly enough detail to replace your Template altogether. This is probably your best bet.Edit: Scheduled rules are only available for paid tiers of TrelloYou can use {monthname} to get the current month's name. Other options available hereThere are other niche/complex options that I'll list below, but they're rather janky and the above is the simplest to maintain and use.----If you don't mind having your Templates visible in some list for all to see (you monster!) and not hidden away. In a Scheduled trigger, you can Copy a card that filters specifically for that template card. Its pretty niche though as I don't think most people want their templates just lying around all visible like that.The other option is to use a regular Butler rule, that can access Template cards or other regular archived cards via url. But its missing a way to schedule it. You can either chain triggers (wasteful) or look in to repeating tasks (never used) to trigger the Butler rule. This is rather janky though so I don't advise it (every now and then I see users complaining about misplaced repeating tasks that continue triggering and they can't track down the source. sounds like a headache)
Hi @Jordan Crow ,
Welcome to the community!
I don't think you can schedule the creation of a card from a template!
Great thanks so much!
Following up on this thread. If anyone on the Trello team is listening, I'd like to put in a strong vote for a few features being added to Butler:
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.