I am using SourceTree for the first time and am having trouble pushing my local repository. I was able to create a local repository and a duplicate online. I added files to my local repository and now want to push them to the remote.
I can login to bitbucket on the web without issue and do see my new repository. Also in SourceTree I can see my local repository and new files.
When I try to push I get this error:
git -c diff.mnemonicprefix=false -c core.quotepath=false --no-optional-locks push -v --tags --set-upstream eval_nucleo_g431_r202 master:master
remote: Invalid username or password
fatal: Authentication failed for 'https://bitbucket.org/btremaine/eval_nucleo_g431/'
Pushing to https://bitbucket.org/btremaine/eval_nucleo_g431/
Completed with errors, see above.
ADDITIONAL INFO:
If I open the terminal on SourceTree for either repository and issue git ls-remote I get an authentication error. However, if I open git from the Windows command line and issue git ls-remote the authentication is valid. It appears to be something set wrong in my SourceTree environment. Also, in the Windows launched git I was able to perform the push commands.
Any idea what I need to change in SourceTree?