Greetings, fellow Atlassian Community members!
As we get closer to the end of the year, we often reflect on where we are, what's going on in our lives, and what changes we should make.
Take a second and think about... what are your top three values as a human?
...
The harder question that follows is, Are your behaviors and choices aligned with those values?
As an example, I try to 1. Live as a great teammate and partner to my family, 2. Act with the interest of the planet in mind where I can (specifically in my food choices, because that feels like something I can control!), and 3. Bring my best self to work and delight my customers and prospects.
When I'm living toward those values, I'm creating my own Utopia.
....
In Switzerland, they have "Honesty Shopping"
Tiny little shops in the middle of the Swiss Alps share the idealism of this society in the form of honesty shops. These are little shops that allow you to buy your fresh cheese, milk, bread, honey, and butter without anyone there to watch you indulge in the delicious dairy products of the area. In fact, most of the day, no one watches these shops because they are owned by farmers who are out taking care of the animals, so all you do is leave your money behind in a little basket. And what’s amazing is that this form of consumer trust results in incredible customer loyalty and honesty among the communities.
....
What does your Utopia look like as we speed toward the most giving and grateful time of year?
Looking forward to hearing from all of you!

BJ