I have setup a next-gen project to capture bugs for an existing beta trial with a client. I would like to provide access for them to enter bugs and other issues in the specific project.
However, I want the Jira system to limit them to seeing and accessing only that project and no other information in our Jira account. In other words, they cannot see any other projects and cannot search outside the project that they're working in or view other kanban projects in our account.
I'm on this support site because the Jira documentation is unclear about creating permissions and assigning them to a specific next-gen project and it's unclear to me from the documentation why the need for a role that is different from a non-admin role for working within a specific project when inviting a user from outside the company.
We've been using Jira now for about a year but this particular configuration has got us stumped. Is there is a video tutorial that walks through this configuration step-by-step?
We're doing the same thing in Slack with an outside user and it just worked without any hassles. The beta user is limited and locked down to a specific private channel on our Slack workspace. That's the functionality we're looking for in Jira. It's likely pilot error on our end but specific recipe details would be appreciated.
We clearly understand that adding this outside user will add to our monthly bill but that's fine. We just need to solve this ASAP or look for another platform.