I've assigned a task (within a checklist) to a user and they are not receiving any notification; however if I tag them in the body of the task, they receive a notification.
Hey James, thanks so much for posting this question about notifications from advanced checklist items.
At this time, you will not see reminders about assigned checklist items in the notifications tab. @mentions will still produce a notification, however. You might consider @mentioning the user and adding the user to the checklist item to make sure they get a notification. Users who are assigned to checklist items can see those cards in the ‘Your Items’ view on the Home screen. We are still collecting feedback about Advanced Checklist and notifications, so I'll make sure to add you as an official "+1" in support of this!
Let me know if this brings up any new questions!
Can you please add me as a +1 too. We have our team task on one board, each with our own lists which we create cards, then assign tasks in our checklist, and they're not being received which is spoiling our intent.
@Blair at Atlassian - I'm testing out Trello within MS Teams to potential use for our entire team project tracking. Not being able to receive notifications when assigned an item within Checklist would be very helpful to determine of this will be our tool of choice. Any insights or feedback on how to create a workaround until the feature is available would be greatly appreciated.
I was surprised to learn that the notification process does not occur, as I understand the thought process. However, there are already several ways to notify users. You can even automate the @ mention if necessary.
I think it would be a huge mistake to add a notification when a team member is assigned a specific task on a checklist. The real need is to indicate who is responsible for the task.
We use dozens of checklists that are reproduced using rules in automation each time a card is generated and/or moved to certain lists. We need the ability to indicate who is responsible for these items but a notification each time the checklist is generated would inundate their inbox.
Please do not fix what is not broken. I certainly hope this feature continues WITHOUT the notification!
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.