Earlier in 2020 Apple relaxed the requirements for application developers to utilize Critical Alert Notifications in iOS. Since then other incident response platforms have added the ability to leverage Critical Alerts within their Apps. Is this something that Opsgenie does today or is planning to do?
Yes! Was released a couple days ago and called out in the release notes. Awesome news. Thanks Atlassian Team.
Hi @[deleted],
Critical Alert notifications is on Opsgenie's roadmap, and engineering is currently working on this!
We do not have a set timeframe of when this will be released. And unfortunately - there isn't a way to follow the progress since Opsgenie tickets are not public.
But - the ticket for reference is MOB-911. In the meantime, I've added this community post to it so when we do release this feature, we'll reach back out here!
Thanks @Nick Haller for the feedback. Bummer that opsgenie tickets/roadmap isn't public but hopefully it doesn't take too much time to add this as a feature.
Being able to use DND and the silence switch on my device has really been nice with our current incident response platform and will miss that ability when we switch to Opsgenie.
I would applaud this functionality since the new sleep functionality and CarPlay Do-Not-Disturb bit me in the behind this week. Can you elaborate on what level this will be implemented? I would really like to see it as a user-configurable option on the app section in Notification Settings.
Hi @Nick Haller ,
Any update on this new feature? Or maybe an updated ETA, what quarter can we expect Emergency Alerts? We are currently on PagerDuty, which does offer Emergency Alerts. Opsgenie not having Emergency Alerts at this time is the primary reason for us to stick with PagerDuty at the time.
Hi All,
I am on iOS 14.4 and opening up Opsgenie today I got this request to allow Critical Alerts.
It would be interesting to know if anyone else has seen this pop-up.
And putting my phone on Do Not Disturb does not block the alert.
Great news! 🥳
You're very welcome! And thanks for your patience as well. Here is the documentation if of interest: https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/ios-push-notifications#critical-alerts
Hi Everyone,
As a few of you have found out, we recently release critical alerts for iOS. Here is our doc:
https://docs.opsgenie.com/docs/ios-push-notifications#critical-alerts
Thanks for your patience! Let us know if you have any additional questions or issues.
This is great, but the volume level when the opsgenie app is backgrounded is a bit extreme. There doesn't appear to be a way for me to override the volume level for critical alerts at the os level. Is there some way to control this in the app or settings somewhere?
This should be a parameter to post with the actual push message. I've tested the volume parameter for critical alerts with my Home Assistant instance but the volume does not appear to vary when sending different parameters. I cannot verify if this is an Apple-issue or an app-issue.
If this setting would be exposed I feel it should be within the app settings and the web settings. Preferably specifying time windows (for example being able to tune down the volume after 22:00 so my wife (and my 1-year old) will be les unhappy when I'm on-call and the phone is next to the bed :-D )
Kind Regards,Marcel
Is there a way to control the volume on the critical alerts? Its playing at max volume and is obnoxiously loud, so I've had to disable it because it wakes up the entire house.
I know on the Android version of the OpsGenie app, you can toggle to play alerts at max volume all the time or not. It'd be nice to have this feature in IOS as well.
Can you add volume control to the critical alerts please? It plays at max volume now, which is way too loud and I've had to disable it.
@Nick Haller I'm glad to finally see this! However, it would be a lot more useful if I could restrict it to just P1 alerts. I want alerts for a lot more things during the day than I do at night.
Please advise why I always receive CRITICAL notified on my IOS App regardless what priority of alert is created.
Thanks
Hi, has there been any progress on limiting critical alerts to certain priorities? This is a big disadvantage and may cause us to switch away.
We have a public feature request to better define what is a Critical Alert for iOS. You can follow, watch and vote for that here: https://jira.atlassian.com/browse/OPSGENIE-134
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.