It simply can't. If you do so, it's gone after restart.
Hi @Michal STRNAD
Your situation is strange, I have windows 10 updated and the trello app is on the taskbar and it does not disappear
Regards
Hi, is it an app installed from Microsoft Store? And you simply pinned it by right clicking the icon when running and selecting 'pin to taskbar'? If I do that it's gone after restarting computer, no other app does that, I tried multiple.
If I have it installed from the microsoft store, that's why I don't understand why it disappearsIt only occurs to me to ask you if it is a personal or a work pc, because sometimes company policies eliminate non-corporate applications.
No, it's private, with full admin privileges. Right now I pinned random apps from start menu to task bar, mixture of desktop apps and modern apps, like seven or so, including Trello. Rebooted, puff, Trello is gone, all the others remain. But I understand from your description that it will be isolated problem, I will focus to MS usergroups instead, thanks.
I have the same problem. Started in December 2020. After reading this thread I deleted and reinstalled the desktop app, then I pinned the app to the taskbar:
- Worked fine until reboot
- After first reboot, the app was still pinned by there was no icon (I only found out by hovering over where the icon had been)
- After second reboot, the app is no longer pinned.
Any ideas would be gratefully received!
Yup, sorry, never found a solution for that. I stopped trying to pin Trello for a while and some time later, when I replaced my laptop, I tried again and it normally works since. So called 'modern apps' in Windows 10 can be pain, like in this case.
It's something about method how Trello creates the pinned shortcut.
Thanks for replying. You prompted me to try again, and one reboot later, Trello is still pinned to the taskbar - yay!
I notice Trello was updated to 2.12.0, but I've also recently had an update of Window 10, so I'm not sure what did the trick.
Nevertheless, seems now to be fixed.
@Joe Corcoran, I checked my Trello and it was 2.12.0 and the icon was still disappearing from the taskbar upon rebot.I then downloaded and updated my Windows 10 and it seems to have done the trick. Trello Icon has remained pinned to desktop. Thanks for the tip!
Glad to hear I am not the only one....I have been having the same problem for the last few months, REALLY annoying. I have the current 2.12.0 version, and I have pinned it to the Task Bar at least a dozen times.....most of the time it disappears at the first reboot, occasionally it stays until disappearing at the second reboot. I ALSO have Admin rights and it USED TO stay there. Did anyone find a solution? I read through these but doesn't sound promising.
Any solution for this? Its really annoying!
I had to reinstall Windows so I've just downloaded the app again from the store and it won't stay pinned. Had no problem previously.
It has been months and I still can't keep Trello pinned to the taskbar. I've tried everything and Trello support is no help!
I have two company PCs, both connected to the same domain and same configuration. It will stay on my laptop but not on the desktop, no matter what I do including fresh installation of Windows.
Same issue, same experience with Trello support. I am really wondering how they are unable to reproduce an issue, which happens to so many users... Anyway, as a workaround (or until the issue is solved by Trello) I have installed trello.com as an app from MS Edge.
That app can be pinned to the taskbar and does not disappear afterwards.
If you are interested, here is how to do it:
https://www.groovypost.com/howto/using-web-apps-new-chromium-edge-windows-10/
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.