
Hello, hello my fellow Atlassian Community friends!
It's so crazy that it's already the end of November. I just realized it when a little popup was making me aware that my Friday Fun thread is due soon...
So, a wonderful Friday to you!
Just a short introduction to today's topic: And at some point this year, a friend working in the same co-working space and I started browsing through tabloid magazines when I got back to the office (for a short while only, unfortunately). It was a nice little coffee break to socialize (after months at home)
Where did we get the magazines? And why?
Good questions! We had them at hand. Another friend is working in PR and checking them for the ads of their customers. So there's fresh supply every week... Tons of it! Unbelievable. 😁
Personally, I don't really care about these magazines or the latest gossip about celebrities. But making fun of it in a group is definitely entertaining.
And do you know what is always a part of these magazines as well? - Recipes! True, but not what I was getting at.
- Horoscopes!
So what happened? We started reading out each other's horoscopes and we're even comparing the differences between the magazines. It is very entertaining how different the stars are interpreted in different magazines. 😜
A little disclaimer: I don't want to offend anyone with this thread. It does not matter whether you believe in horoscopes and astrology or not. I don't want to start a discussion about that either. But let it sink in for a moment and you will maybe have some fun or learn something. 😉
Since it is my birthday next week, the question arose what my ascendant is. And I had no idea! If you are not interested in astrology, this is certainly understandable.
So I started to investigate. Wikipedia defines ascendant as follows:
The ascendant ( , Asc or As) is the astrological sign (and degree of that sign) that is ascending on the eastern horizon at the specific time and location of an event. According to certain astrological theories, celestial phenomena reflect or determine human activity on the principle of 'as above, so below'.
So it seems that our ascendant is very, very important when it comes to certain character traits. So let's start the fun and find out our ascendant/social personality!
Visit a website like https://www.astrosofa.com/horoscope/ascendant and fill out the necessary data:
- Birthday
- Time of birth
- Place of birth
What I would ask you to do is to share with all of us one thing that you can really relate to from the description and one thing that you think is just not true.
And of course, I am starting it!

My personal result is Leo ascendant! The short description says "Enthusiastic and honest". Okay, I already like that because it's true. I will not post more than what I have been talking about so that I do not spoil anything for you.
Definitely true about myself:
- With this positive attitude to life, enthusiasm, and warmth, Leo ascendants can excite and win over their fellow human beings [...]
YES. Positivity. 😁 🎉
What? You must be wrong:
- Recognition is their motivation.
Oh wow, that is pretty much far away from the truth. On the contrary, I would describe myself rather as being selfless about many things. 😄 There are even more things that I can't fully relate to but try it yourself and let us know what you think about your personal ascendant!
Do you in general believe in astrology? Are you just a bit curious like me?
@Andy - PTC Redundant , are you a Leo as well? Just thinking because of your positive energy and enthusiasm! 😁
Best, Max