
Ho Ho Ho - How long have I been waiting to say this again...
It's me, your elf from the North Pole. @Thomas Schlegel asked me to fill in today - he became very nervous when he received the wake up call from @Monique vdB - he completely forgot that this is his Friday Fun today... And he's so busy... - Well, big luck for me, now this is my Friday Fun - I always wanted to do this one day :-) !
If you don't know me by now: I'm a good friend of Thomas. Years ago I moved away from the North Pole, lived in a fairy land, worked there as an administrator but had to go back this year because of Corona restrictions. If you want to know more, you can read my story here.
And what's the main topic for an elf from the North Pole? Of course - "It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas". Well, at least at Santa's Hut it looks like Christmas already. We, the elves are very busy, just five weeks left for us to prepare everything for the whole world.
For me, this holiday season is very different from last years seasons. I'm not at home, I have to work hard, it's cold and uncomfortable in the North. Thomas told me, that he's missing the Christmas Markets (he loves Christmas Markets - that's another reason why we are best friends, you know).
How about you? Will this holiday season be like every other year? What do you miss the most these days? Tell us more about that! Will Corona be the perfect excuse for not visiting the rich but boring uncle far far away?
I'm also responsible for the Holiday Countdown Calendar here in the Community. Will there be another one here this year? Maybe, you'll see on December 1st.
But first, another question: Do you have a real Advent / Holiday Calendar? Maybe one with chocolate or tea, beer, candles or a self-made one?
Is there something like an Advent / Holiday Calendar in your country? Or is this a German / North Pole thing? What would be behind the doors of your perfect calendar?
By the way, this is mine - it's using Augmented Reality - every day, I have to find the right door with an app. I'm super excited and can't wait for December, 1st - at the moment, the calendar app is showing only ticking gearwheels.

And just one more question for today: Thomas asked me to ask you for ideas and suggestions for the Community Holiday Countdown Calendar 2021. What do you like to see? Be creative! What's your favourite theme?
So, I wish you a nice holiday season 2020. Let's end this cursed year with some awesome weeks. I'll do my best to entertain you, craft toys and gifts and hope you have some fun with all of this. And of course with the Holiday Countdown Calendar 2020, if there will be one, maybe ;-)
Thank you for having me here
Your friend from the North Pole