We've been using bamboo with tls on port 8443 for years. Redhat released openjdk 1.8.0.272.b10-1.el7_9 and when we upgraded our bamboo server to it, none of the agents or browsers could communicate to 8443. We are seeing a "err_ssl_protocol_error" message in chrome and the agents report "javax.net.ssl.sslexception: unsupported or unrecognized ssl message" in their logs. We do have a proxy in front on port 443 that proxies to 8443 and that still works fine.
I've tried modifying java.security file settings but nothing seems to be making a difference. My concern is that I'm going to see the same issue with our other Atlassian servers.
Also, I upgraded to bamboo 7.1.4 but forgot to specify the bamboo.home directory in atlassian-bamboo/WEB-INF/classes/bamboo-init.properties. When I went to the bamboo server on port 8443, it displayed the web page showing me the diagnostic page that shows the java version check and the bamboo.home setting and how to fix it so the tls issue happens after I specified the bamboo.home directory.
Had anyone else seen issues with upgrading to that version of openjdk on RHEL7?
Thanks