Before I purchased a business for my team I visited here: https://trello.com/en/pricing and read that I could use unlimited power-ups. After I purchased business class I found out that these power-ups would come in with additional fees which was NEVER told to me. I could only find out that when I visited the websites of power-ups I was willing to use. Why would you say you'd offer unlimited power-ups if the user is to pay extra and how come it is never told to the user ?
It's a valid point. We should make this clearer. Short term clarification coming to pricing page, and longer term need to signal in Power-Up directory which ones are "paid" or "might be paid".
I gather you understand how it works now, and can obviously request a refund if you'd like, but your points on making this valid for other users are solid.
Hi @Badass Trello ,
Welcome to the community!
I think you haven't understood what was written over https://trello.com/en/pricing!
Here Unlimited power-ups mean you can add unlimited power-ups to a board.
The free plan of Trello is limited to add only 1 power-up!
In the business plan of Trello, you can add unlimited power-ups!
The power-ups made by third-party organizations they got the right whether to make it free or paid!
It's just like your phone. When you purchase you got an Operating system and some apps in it But if you require an app that was not pre-installed on your phone you need to install it from the play/app store. Over there you get some free apps and some paid it depends upon the organization's terms & conditions (some are pre-paid & some are in-app purchases)!
Everything is the same everywhere! If you using an app/software/web app etc anywhere you use these kinds of things, You will find the same everywhere.
"I think you haven't understood what was written over https://trello.com/en/pricing!" You're mistaken, I fully understood what was written there but only after finding out power-ups are exclusively paid third-party organizations. How one is supposed to see that if you don't mention extra fees and only say "Unlimited Power-Ups". Please explain this to me: so you don't know power-ups are distinct from Trello therefore they're paid seperately and Trello says it offers "Unlimited Power-Ups". What would you get from this? How would you figure out that it only meant ADDING unlimited power-ups to your boards?
@Badass Trello - certain Trello power-ups may be under a separate pricing model, but there are a swath of Trello power-ups that are free for use.
Free means you can associate a single power-up with your board, but that power-up might be a paid power-up from its developer/vendor.
Hope that clarifies things a bit?
There are Chrome extension workarounds for free for some of those. I agree the third party developed powerons charging so much can nickel and dime ya and are odious.
Thank you Michael. Unfortunately asking for a refund won't work for me since
Now, I still have a question. While I was on free trial of business class, I used whichever power-up I wanted to.
The Business Class free trial is exactly the same as Business Class. There is no difference in Power-Up usage during the trial than during the period when the subscription starts.
Business Class allows you to put more than one Power-Up on your board. Other software developers have used the Power-Up platform to build solutions for Trello in the Power-Up directory. This works in a very similar way to the Atlassian Marketplace or the Apple App Store.
The way you phrased the question makes it sound like we give you free access to the 3rd party developers Power-Ups, but we do not. We don’t control the way the way they charge for their Power-Ups and it isn’t connected to Business Class trial.
Maybe you used a specific Power-Up that has its own free trial?
I used more than one power-up and none of them are free.
"The way you phrased the question makes it sound like we give you free access to the 3rd party developers Power-Ups" well of course it will sound like that, how would you rephrase that if you could use paid power-ups for free during your free business class trial and not afterwards? I get that trello does not control third party payments that is why I am asking you how and why I could use paid power-ups without additional fees.
@Badass Trello - unrelated, but why is your name on this forum "Badass Trello"? I love it, and am tempted to get it as a tattoo. 😉
It was my boss's idea.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.