I've encountered a problem where SourceTree will open authentication windows and then immediately close them before I can tell what they are. It took me a long time to even discover that SourceTree was the culprit. This is very annoying, so I'd like to fix it.
I tried deleting my accounts and saved passwords in the authentication tab in the settings, but there are some saved passwords that cannot be deleted. I click on delete, then click yes in the confirmation window, and then the saved password is still there without explanation.
So then I tried wiping all of SourceTree's configuration settings by following the instructions on these two pages:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/edit-sourcetree-configurations-without-opening-the-application-windows-785323524.html
https://confluence.atlassian.com/sourcetreekb/how-to-wipe-sourcetree-preferences-412484640.html
I also uninstalled and reinstalled SourceTree. And even after all this, the saved passwords are still there.
How is this possible? Please help.
Hi Kyle,
I found some information on this topic which migh be still valid. In case you could check and report back if it helped.
Especially I am thinking of the path the user mentioned:
%LOCALAPPDATA%\Atlassian\SourceTree\passwd
Additionally you could check -as described in the linkes article - possible password entries in the "Windows credential manager".
"Windows credential manager".
Cheers,Daniel
I had already deleted SourceTree's app data because that was in the instructions I linked to. But it turned out that Windows credential manager was the culprit. Thank you, Daniel.
It looks like you're new here. Sign in or register to get started.