Hi,
I work in a small software company (15 developers). We currently run BitBucket and JIRA On Demand (in the cloud) and we don't plan to change this. We also run our own build infrastructure (based on a set of Powershell scripts).
What we do is Eclipse RCP applications (features, plugins, all those Eclipse stuff). To build our projects, we need several JDK versions (some projects use 1.5, others 1.7, etc), several Eclipse, and so on for all the dependency chains. That means there are a lot of possible combinations. That's why our build system procedure is something like this:
- Checkout the source code from BitBucket
- Get Java version and the dependency chain from some config files
- Gather each dependency to assemble a whole Eclipse environment
- Run the PDE build
We're thinking of get rid off our build system to adopt Bamboo hosted on our own server. I've just read the Bamboo documentation for few hours, and I've some questions to start straight in the right direction as much as possible.
- Will be able to connect our self hosted Bamboo server to our JIRA On Demand?
- Regarding our constraits about dependency combinations, how should we think about the agents?
We plan to have a configuration to run 2 or 3 concurrent builds. I don't have a clear idea about using local or remote agents except that we plan to run only one build server. I think remote agents can also run localy, am I wrong? As we need to build with several JDK versions, what's the best practices to set up Bamboo.
Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.